See? I said there would be cookies…
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- ¼ cup light brown sugar (better known as regular brown sugar), firmly packed
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
- 6 ounces white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer at medium speed, beat the butter for 30 seconds, or until creamy. Add dark brown sugar, light brown sugar, and granulated sugar and continue beating for 2 to 3 minutes, until the mixture is light and fluffy. Scape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula. Add the egg and vanilla and beat well.
- At low speed, add the flour mixture a ½ cup at a time, mixing thoroughly and scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition. Stir in all the chocolate chips.
- Shape the dough into balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.